Monday, January 25, 2010

On Hiatus

Things are doing actually a bit better around here. I found out that my gallbladder was not functioning properly and I qualified for surgery. I waited until the 20th for my appointment with the surgeon. Meanwhile, I became extremely ill. The surgeon took one look at me and knew that I was in trouble, so he took me into surgery within hours of seeing him. He was able to do the surgery laparoscopically, which he wasn't sure if he could do, but I'm so thankful that he did. The surgery was a big shock to my already ill body, so I had to spend a day in the hospital, but was able to go home after 24 hours.

Since then, I've been doing pretty well. It feels great to not be in so much pain, now it's just a different pain, and it's awesome to be able to eat whatever I want and not get sick. I'm still pretty weak and get lightheaded quite easily, but overall I'm doing pretty good. I'd probably be doing better if I wasn't so sick to start out with.

Anyway, for reasons yet unknown, still waiting for the pathology report, my gallbladder completely shut down, grew almost twice its size, and became somewhat infected. No wonder I was so sick.

So, I will still be taking some more time off to heal, then I'll be back in full force bringing you tons of digiscrapping goodies. Until then, savor each moment and live each day to its fullest.

No comments: